CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Dirty Two Dozen


Good quality brushes are really important for getting a smooth, beautiful application when you apply your makeup. I have a LOT of brushes, but these are the ones I use daily. The rest I have in my professional kit. I wash my professional brushes after every job I do, but sometimes my personal ones get a tad neglected.
I noticed recently that they were looking a bit scary so I gave them a bath. For smaller or synthetic brushes--eyeshadow, concealer, lip it is perfectly fine to mostly clean with instant brush cleaner.It is mostly alcohol, though and can dry out natural bristles, so for fuller brushes I usually use brush cleaner sparingly and shampoo them when I notice that they are holding too much product.
I use shampoo or mild natural hand soap and no conditioner. I know a lot of people think it's good because it will make the bristles softer but I worry about it leaving a residue that will end up on my face, clogging my pores. It's best to try and angle the brush down as you wash them so water doesn't enter the barrel and cause damage to the handle.
It's really entertaining for me to see all the gross stuff washing out of my brushes and so satisfying to see them all clean and happy. After gently squeezing out excess water with my index and middle fingers I lay them flat to dry on a paper towel.
In the morning they will be dry and will only need a little fluffing before using.

0 comments: