CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Makeover Time!!

* Lately I've been kind of obsessed with creating a makeup questionnaire that I can use when doing makeup. I sometimes have a hard time ascertaining whether or not I am on the same page with a client and that gets tricky. While I've never had anyone say they were not happy, I have had the impression that we are not speaking the same language. (you say 'berry' and I think strawberry and you are actually thinking more apricot)
I think this could really help me really give the recipient of my makeovers exactly what they had in mind. With people I'm friends with I can kind of guess or make choices for them but for someone I don't know well, it can be very difficult. I created a 'look book' with different makeup looks I ripped out of magazines and put into a binder so my clients can also have a visual.

Here it is blank:
(below I've filled it out with my answers because it's fun. feel free to print it and take it with you next time you brave a department store makeover!)



Makeup Questionnaire:


1. I wear makeup _____________________

(ex: everyday, most days, sometimes, for special occasions, never)

2. Most of the time I want my makeup to be __________________

(ex: fun, simple, natural, dramatic)

3. I feel best when I look ________________

(ex: glamorous, healthy, well-rested, trendy)

4. If I had to wear one lipstick for the rest of my life it would be _______________

5. I prefer lipgloss/lipstick/lipbalm (choose one)

6. The one makeup look I would never do is __________________

7. The one makeup item I can't live without is _______________

8. Today I want to look __________________

9. I would be really unhappy if I looked ______________________

10. The products that are perfect for me are _________________________

I am still looking for the perfect __________________________________

11. I am able to experiment with different looks/I am most comfortable with a certain look (choose one)

12. I consider my skin to be:
(normal/combination, oily/problem,mature, sensitive)

13. T/F: I exfoliate regularly

14. T/F: I moisturize regularly

15. T/F: Today I am happy with the way my skin looks.




I looked through the book and I the ones I liked the most were:

Natural: pretty, neutral,romantic, balanced face, soft rosy cheeks and lips, dewey skin

Natural/Sun kissed: beachy, neutral, peach cheeks, apricot lips, bronzed skin

Dramatic: lots of color, metallics, focus on the eye, shimmery skin

Dramatic 40's Retro: vampy deep red lips with neutral eyes and cheeks, matte skin

Dramatic 60's Retro: Cat-eye liner, lots of mascara, pale mouth, velvety skin

Dramatic 70's Retro: Dark, smudgey liner, tough punk rock style, imperfect skin



Other Comments/Questions: _______________________________________


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Makeup Questionnaire:


1. I wear makeup most days

(ex: everyday, most days, sometimes, for special occasions, never)

2. Most of the time I want my makeup to be simple, natural, flattering, like myself but more glamorous

(ex: fun, simple, natural, dramatic)

3. I feel best when I look healthy, well-rested

(ex: glamorous, healthy, well-rested, trendy)

4. If I had to wear one lipstick for the rest of my life it would be a color like Dr. Hauschka #11 or Glominerals Snapdragon or Bare Escentuals Wild Woman Josie

5. I prefer lipgloss/lipstick/lipbalm (choose one) lipstick

6. The one makeup look I would never do is a lot of bronzer and orange-y colors.

7. The one makeup item I can't live without is lipstick

8. Today I want to look pretty.

9. I would be really unhappy if I looked trashy.

10. The products that are perfect for me are mineral makeup, Blinc kiss me mascara, powder blush, cream or liquid highlighters.

I am still looking for the perfect nothing. I am happy with most of my products.

11. I am able to experiment with different looks/I am most comfortable with a certain look (choose one) The first one

12. I consider my skin to be:
(normal/combination, oily/problem,mature, sensitive) normal/combination when in balance, a bit problem during stress or period

13. T/F: I exfoliate regularly T

14. T/F: I moisturize regularly T

15. T/F: Today I am happy with the way my skin looks. F




I looked through the book and I the ones I liked the most were: The first one but with soft/smudgey brown liner and shimmery eyes.

Natural: pretty, romantic, neutral, balanced face, soft rosy cheeks and lips, dewey skin

Natural/Sun kissed: innocent,beachy, neutral, peach cheeks, apricot lips, bronzed skin

Dramatic: lots of color, metallics, focus on the eye, shimmery skin

Dramatic 40's Retro: vampy deep red lips with neutral eyes and cheeks, matte skin

Dramatic 60's Retro: Cat-eye liner, lots of mascara, pale mouth, velvety skin

Dramatic 70's Retro: Dark, smudgey liner, tough punk rock style, imperfect skin



Other Comments/Questions: _______________________________________

0 comments: