CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Summer Cocktail!

Momformation has again inspired me to write a blog entry!

Warm weather is upon us and I know lots of people who are STILL hiding their "winter legs" under jeans.

I have translucent, pasty skin and am prone to spider veins so I feel your pain, but there are ways to still rock a skirt or a pair of shorts.

(I don't personally wear shorts often, but skirts I can't live without!)

Don't hide your legs, add a touch of healthy color, moisture and glow instead.

Here is my personal favorite combination, although you can achieve a similar effect with any number of products that you may already have in your arsenal:

1. Dr. Hauschka Quince Body Moisturizer--two squirts
Quince is my absolute favorite both in the body lotion and day cream for the face. Even with the newest additions, Lemon Body Moisturizer and Rose Day Cream Light I still reach for the Quince. However, lemon is a great uplifting, fresh aroma for hot weather so I won't blame you if you use that instead.

2. Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate--this is the great part. This product allows you to completely control the amount of color you get. I do not go in for the whole 'sunkissed look' so I only add one squirt, but the color can go as deep as you like just by adding more concentrate.

3. Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing lotion in Diffuse--one squirt. Just enough to give some subtle sheen, not enough to head to the disco!

This can also go on the face, even the body lotion if you like or you can use your favorite moisturizer or even better, sunscreen.

During my good-skin days I only use TBC with the SPF 30 and a touch of loose powder and that's it. I have enough color from the concentrate to soften the white from the sunscreen and also to cover any redness or or inflammation in my skin tone.

1 comments:

becks said...

you'll have to let me try this combo. we of pasty legs.