CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

MamaSpa Wellness Center

I was laying in bed nursing the boys thinking about how it's sometimes hard to blend being a mom with having a career, in my case a holistic esthetician/makeup artist/skincare rep. I love my work so much and lately when I am working I feel the most rapport with other moms. Bring up a case of hormonal melasma and I'm right on top of it.
Also, I know so many talented mamas who haven't gone back to work because they care more about motherhood than getting some lame job and I know talented women (ME!) who are basically trapped in their houses because it is too overwhelming to get out. I was just thinking how incredible it would be to be able to go to a space where you can drop your kids off with a sitter who is also a mom, grab a latte and ACTUALLY DRINK IT WHILE IT'S HOT, get a new bra, pop in for a brow wax and, well since the kids fell asleep you may is well take a yoga class or get a pedicure.
Or--you have a bunch of baby clothes that your kids outgrew so you stop by, drop off your bag and get to choose a few new items in their size.....and pick up a new lip gloss and a multivitamin while you're at it!
Or--you are a mom who likes to care for children or you're an esthetician (me!) or you are a therapist (my MIL....you don't need to have given birth recently!) and you need a great job where you can bring your kids.
Enter MamaSpa Wellness Center, where every woman is a well woman! No one has to put their jobs on hold or stay isolated in their homes because it's too overwhelming to venture out!

For Moms, by Moms: (EVERY employee is a mom!)

Here is a stream of consciousness list of what could be available--

Facials, waxing, skincare services, makeup classes for moms and teens, makeovers
Manicure/Pedicure
Hairstylists
On-site childcare for employees and clients
Yoga classes
Acupuncture
Therapists specializing in postpartum depression, mother's issues, and child stuff (art therapy, etc.)
Parenting classes
Post partum doulas
Nutritionist
Cafe
Toy lending library
Baby clothes swap nights
Mom's night out with free makeovers once a month
boutique with some clothes, local jewelry, nursing bras, etc.
Lactation consultant, LLL meetings
Support groups for PPD, special needs children, grief, etc.
A rotating space for mom artists to hang/sell their work
Craft room


I wish this could exist...can you imagine the amount of money it would take??? I know so many women that could work there with me, though. *sigh*

0 comments: