CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Alternate Uses for Juice Beauty Products


Lately I've been finding all kinds of other uses for Juice Beauty facial skincare products.

I was having a minor shaving crisis because I really hate to buy extra products and it just seems that shaving cream isn't necessary. (but try telling razor-burned legs that!)

I had been using Kiss My Face Moisture Shave cream because I received it in a Makeup Alley swap. I really liked the fragrance, (both the name and the smell!) Vanilla Earth and it felt ok on my skin, but I still noticed some razor drag and the ingredients weren't great. (the website says 'contains no unnecessary chemicals! Ha!)




Also, it foamed slightly which I just don't want or need in a shaving cream. Not only do I not want the foaming agents, but if I wanted a foaming shaving cream I would just keep using shower gel. (even though right now I'm using Dr. Hauschka rose body washl and it doesn't really foam)

I had this issue every time I took a shower and every time I went to Whole Foods or any of my other natural product haunts I felt frustrated when I was looking at all the shaving cream options. I just didn't want to buy a shaving cream.

So one day I decided to use a bit of my Juice Beauty exfoliating cleanser to shave with. It was fantastic. I got the closest shave I have had in recent history and the jojoba beads didn't clog my razor, like I feared they would.

Later I tried using the cleansing milk, and it works great, too.

Using a $25 cleanser to shave with probably doesn't sound like a very good bargain but I only shave the lower half of my legs and so only need a tiny bit for each leg and find that I can easily use what is leftover from washing my face.

Another great alternative use for a JB product is to use the oil-free moisturizer as a smoothing cream for the hair. Their oil-free moisturizer is the most nourishing oil-free product I've tried and I love it underneath sunscreen.

I have very fine hair and everything I use makes it flat and oily...but one day I had a bit of oil-free moisturizer on my hands so I ran it over the ends of my hair and it was great! It smoothed and sealed my dry ends and added a bit of shine. It even added a bit of definition to my layers without weighing down my hair or causing it to look oily, even hours later. As with the exfoliating cleanser, I only used a tiny amount, less than a pea-size.

A local esthetician who uses JB products in her practice gave me the tip of refrigerating the cleansing milk to use as a post-extraction soothing mask. It feels amazing. It would be a great to refrigerate the entire Spring/Summer to use as a refreshing makeup remover or mask for dry or post-swimming skin.

The last JB tip is to use the hydrating mist(which is one of my favorite JB products) as a room spray. It smells amazing and sprays in a very wide arc so you only need one or two sprays for a small-to-medium sized room.

Which products (Juice Beauty or otherwise) do you multi-task with?

*complete list of Juice Beauty ingredients can be found at www.juicebeauty.com

0 comments: