CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Makeup Alley






There have been a few things that have enriched my life on the internet. One is Google...another is Makeup Alley. I joined a couple of years ago so I could read product reviews. I love keeping up on current trends but I am mostly exposed to natural products. Makeup Alley helps me keep up with conventional brands that I may not have known about otherwise, especially after canceling my Allure subscription. (too anti-esthetician/anti-natural/pro-dermatologist/pro-plastic surgery)
Makeup Alley also lets you trade products you are not using for others that you want. This has been so fun for me, I've gotten some great stuff and (cyber) met some really great people.
I looooove natural products but have to admit I enjoy fun new colors. I'm a sucker for Smashbox, they've always been a somewhat guilty pleasure since they are a conventional line. I've been able to acquire a lot of their products on Makeup Alley.
I've also gotten a lot of Bare Escentuals (I worked there ten years ago and became addicted to their glimmers) and some really yummy candles and essential oils.
I have almost gone through all of my product "stash", all of the excess stuff I wasn't going to use and wanted to trade, so I am nearing the end of my swapping career. It's been really fun and I have a really satisfying new mix of products.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mention bare escentuals make up. Have you tried Everyday Minerals? It doesn't contain Bismuth Oxychloride like BE. I just ordered some free samples the other day on their website.