CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Avalon Organics Balancing Shampoo with Sweet Orange and Bergamot


As I wrote about recently, I was searching for a new shampoo. I had struck out with my first  choice and exchanged it for an Avalon Organics product I had never seen before: Balancing Shampoo with Sweet Orange and Bergamot. It features neem extract and nettle leaf and that is what truly sold me on the product.  

I have a dirty secret: my scalp gets itchy and flakey this time of year. The heaters running full blast, the crazy Texas weather (sunny 70's one day, frigid 40's the next) and my overactive sebaceous glands all work together to create a problem that is annoying and embarrassing. I have dark hair and if I scratch a nagging itch just a little I create little flakes that stick to my hair exposing my problem. 

I have used great products for my scalp before but none that I can afford regularly. I had started to think this was something I was just going to have to deal with--until now. 

It's strange because I can't find mention of it anywhere on the internet, even on the Avalon website and I'm not sure why that is, but since I couldn't find official info and pictures I have to show you the shampoo in it's natural habitat: my shower. 

So far I am really loving this shampoo. It smells great (though sadly, not as great as the Root 66 Shampoo) and makes my scalp feel refreshed and my hair feel shiny and bouncy: exactly what I was looking for in a shampoo. My scalp is feeling much less itchy and dry. I am really happy this mysterious product came out! When my Giovanni conditioner runs out I will be buying the Avalon Balancing Conditioner too. 

* Application tip: Be sure to massage the shampoo fully into the scap to get the maximum balancing benefits.
*DIY tip: Follow up with an apple cider vinegar rinse to further help balance and soothe a dry and itchy scalp or to remove hair product build up. 

Price: $7.99 for 8.5 oz. at select Whole Foods Market locations.

1 comments:

Traci said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog. It's great to see professionals using and spreading the word about natural products. I have similar hair/scalp conditions and I've been using Tea Tree Tingle from Trader Joe's. I have even found that I don't need a conditioner with this one which is unheard of for me (they do sell one that goes with). Also, you might check out Allafia products which are the most natural products I have ever used/seen with the bonus of being fair trade. They have a neem shampoo which may do the trick for you as well. http://www.alaffia.com/hair-care