CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Review: Pai Skincare Geranium and Thistle Moisturizer


Pai Skincare (Maori for "goodness") is an organic line from England and certified by the Soil Association . I recently tried the Geranium and Thistle moisturizer. From the description, it seemed perfect for my skin:

*From the Pai website:
"Geranium and thistle work in perfect unison in this light organic moisturizer to clear and re-balance congested or combination skin. Apply to face and neck as required. "

The first thing I noticed was a mild cooling sensation, from the geranium apparently:

*Geranium
"This common garden plant has a cooling and calming effect on the skin, making it great for balancing combination complexions. "

I love geranium and am thrilled anytime it is featured in a product. This moisturizer also contains manuka oil which is another huge favorite of mine. It had a nice lightweight texture and penetrates quickly without greasy residue. It may be a bit too light for me for this time of year but may be great for warmer temperatures. I haven't used it long enough to experience any reduction in congestion but if I notice a difference I'll definitely write about it. I'm always looking for the holy grail of products that will keep my naturally bumpy skin baby-smooth.

The texture and aroma of this product really reminded me of Grateful Body products and like Grateful Body products they are handmade in small batches. The pump makes it easy to dispense the proper amount without contamination from hands or air. My husband really liked it, the smell was not overly feminine despite the geranium aroma.

Price: £22.00 ($30) for 30ml

Ingredients: Purified water, geranium water*, jojoba oil*, corn-based emulsifier, thistle oil*, borage oil*, vitamin e, manuka oil*, rosemary antioxidant*, geranium, juniper*, lavender*

*Certified Organic

Where to Buy: Online at www.paiskincare.com

1 comments:

julena said...

Curiously enough I tested Pai on my husband as well and he liked it too :)