CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Key to Flawless Makeup

"The most beautiful cosmetic you can wear is a healthy skin."
-Jane Iredale

Healthy skin is crucial to even makeup application. If you have skin irritation (redness), some couperose or hyperpigmentation or the occasional breakout to cover, that's fine but if your skin is chronically unhealthy and unbalanced or if you are using harsh topical products that cause peeling or dry patches then nothing you use no matter how "good" or expensive is going to give you the desired results.
I wear so much less makeup when I am taking good care of my skin and I don't miss it. When I spend less time on foundation application I can spend more time grooming my brows or applying interesting eye makeup. I also hear a lot of people say they don't want to spend very much money on skincare. If you use something that works for you and use it regularly then you will spend so much less in the long run. You won't be spending as much on foundation (which is not cheap) or on costly serums, exfoliants and even prescription drugs to "treat" the skin. Once the skin is severely out of balance, that is usually when you would do something extreme and pricey to try and fix it immediately.
The key to flawless makeup is well-hydrated skin. Drink lots of water, eat well, exercise, and take a good multivitamin and essential fatty acids. Your skin will thank you!

0 comments: