CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Gorgeous: Third Time's the Charm?


I made the third "flavor" lip balm today, Gorgeous which is tinted red and has a rose fragrance. This is the last tinted balm in my line, then I will make one or two clear. The rose was tricky because it is in a jojoba base (pure rose is very expensive) so it was hard to get it as "rosy" as I would like.

I have been trying to figure out the clear balm option. I feel like I need to throw at least a touch of mint in there somewhere. Super minty balms are not my favorite, but I seem to be in the minority there. I also wanted to have at least one that was unisex and maybe one that is chocolate (chocolate-mint?) so I can use cocoa butter as well as shea butter for a creamier balm. I'm going to make some test batches and see what happens.

I'm working on the labels now so I'm hoping to have it all finished sometime in July.

This has been so much fun!

0 comments: