CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Opinions, please!!

Lips

Hi, all!

I am experimenting with making my own line of yummy lip balm. I have always been into DIY beauty products, when I worked at Elephant Pharmacy I taught a Do-It-Yourself Spa Products class and it was a blast!

I have a few ideas and wanted to get some feedback before I continued. They will all be in a beeswax/shea butter base (sorry vegans!! If I get a lot of interest I will do a vegan coconut oil/shea butter blend) so there will be a natural sun protection of about spf 4.

I have six names and "flavors" in mind although I may not do all at once. I may start with a few and add to the line later. I'm mostly making these for gifts and to sell on Etsy.

1. Sublime--bergamot/agave nectar (natural sweetener) This is in tribute to my favorite morning tea--Earl Gray with LOTS of agave! My only concern is that the bergamot may increase sun sensitivity.

2. Delectable--vanilla/agave

3. Gorgeous--rose/no agave? Should this one be colored? Red?

4. Serene--lavender/no agave? Is lavender too overdone? Should I put agave in all of them? Do you lick your lips enough to where you would like for them all to be slightly sweet?

5. Amazing--geranium/no agave? Geranium has always been one of my favorite essential oils along with neroli, AKA #6. Should this one be colored? Pink?

6. Lovely--orange blossom/no agave? Should this one be colored? Nude?

Thanks in advance! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I will draw three names at random to receive a tube once they are ready to go! State your preference for "flavor!"

2 comments:

Jules said...

They all sound great! I think you should add the agave to all of them, just for a bit of sweetness. The colours you suggested sound good.

I like Vanilla.

Cheers,
Jules

Anonymous said...

hi!
i agree with jules - all with agave! it would be cool for that to be your *thing*... the common thread to all your flavors!
i like the idea of a couple of them having a little tint to them too...

i love your blog!
xo bixie