CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's the Balm!




Today I did my test batches of my "Family First Aid Balm" and "Emergency Chocolate Sweet Lips." I was going to do a trial run of the clear batch as well, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow.

I thought the emergency chocolate lip balm would be clear but hello! It's brown! I put cocoa powder in it, so I'm not sure how I thought it would be clear! (all of my lip balms look mostly clear on the lips) I poured this one in tubes but I was thinking of having it in round tins if I decide to keep it in the line. I haven't applied it yet but it smells great, like a batch of brownies!

The first aid balm has manuka oil and lavender as the active ingredients and has some comfrey leaf and organic spirulina to add color and soothing properties.

So--after the clear is done and after I finalize the texture on the lip balms and finish the labels then they will be all ready for sale!! I am going to make all of them in tiny batches to ensure freshness (the vitamin e acts as a natural preservative so they will be good for at least 6 months after opening, probably longer) and make them on demand once they are up for sale on Etsy.

0 comments: