CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blend, blend, blend




Any makeup artist will tell you that the secret to great makeup is to blend, blend, blend. The trick is deciding what to USE to blend? Fingers are great because your body heat will help warm and blend your foundation or concealer, but sometimes I really do prefer to use a sponge. My favorite was the Glominerals finishing sponge, a great, soft flocked sponge. The problem with it, though is after being washed a time or two it splits right in half, and each half is too thin to really use alone.
Lately, I've been using a foundation sponge from Sonia Kashuk that I am really loving. I searched for a link to it but I couldn't find one. It appears to be part of the Spring '08 line for Target. It's a handy two pack and comes in a hard plastic case. They are non-latex and close to an inch thick. They are really great for both applying and blending mineral makeup and it seems that they would work well on liquid foundation as well.
Buying new sponges made me remember reading about the Beauty Blender a while ago so I decided to check it out online. It is tempting to try, however I don't use liquid foundation and it seems that this is what this sponge is best for. The price point is really outrageous, $20 which makes it both more and less appealing. If anyone has feedback about this sponge, contact me, I'm curious!

0 comments: