CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Steaz Green Tea Drinks







"Steaz is a revolutionary sparkling green tea, " steaped " full of flavor and nutrition, made from the finest natural ingredients in the world."

I was gifted a case of Steaz Energy drinks recently and although I am not at all a fan of energy drinks I couldn't resist trying a few. Ok...one or two per day. They are a tasty sparkling green tea drink with ceylon, guarana, acai and yerba mate and contain 80mg of natural caffeine per serving with one and a half servings per can.
The average cup of coffee has about 135mg of coffee , black tea has about 1/3 that amount and between 200-300mg per day is considered "moderate" daily caffeine intake.
I usually only have one cup of black tea in the morning and my only other source of caffeine is the occasional piece of chocolate.
I am hypoglycemic and for some reason every time I have had a Steaz energy drink I have had a major blood sugar crash about an hour later.
The upside is that the caffeine sources in this drink produce a clear, lucid stimulant effect completely unlike the scattered, shaky, jittery feeling I get from coffee. (the reason I drink tea!)
I feel very centered and full of ideas after drinking this drink which I think comes from the yerba mate, since friends of mine swear by it and describe a similar experience.

Bottom line:

I may drink one of these occasionally, making sure to also have a snack. They are organic and have great ingredients and seem like a very good company. They also make green tea-based sodas so when I want less caffeine I may try these instead.

0 comments: