CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This is What a Feminist Looks Like...


I have been told before that what I do for a living is shallow, superficial and un-feminist. I’ve always disagreed. There is nothing wrong with wanting to face the world looking your very best, healthy and beautiful.

As a makeup artist and esthetician it is my job to help women to become the best version of themselves and it is an honor to be trusted to touch someone’s face.

Everyone I’ve ever met has a love-hate relationship with their appearance and despite all the staring into the mirror; they often don’t see their own best features. It is great to tell someone they have lovely eyelashes or great bone structure or beautiful lips and see the look of surprise on their face.

“Me? They say? No…” But it’s true. They just can’t see past their flaws and see the good things that everyone else can see.

I am a Peacekeeper Cause-metics demonstrator which means that I get the chance to not only educate people on all of the wonderful causes PK supports but also help them choose the right color.

I find that the products tend to look slightly different in the tubes than they do on the lips so whenever possible I apply the colors for them. (After sanitizing the products and using a fresh disposable applicator)

Everyone is always amazed when they learn that 100% of after-tax profits are donated to human-rights issues. Like me, they thought they would get around to donating money to causes they believed in at some point…when they had more money. And also like me, they spend money several times a year to purchase new cosmetics.

With Peacekeeper, you can do both. Indulge your girly side and your activist side and know that they are both important and worthwhile.

0 comments: