CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jojoba Oil!


One of my beauty staples is organic jojoba oil. It is very similar in molecular structure to our skin's own sebum, or natural oil and is very well received by the skin. It penetrates beautifully without causing breakouts and is one of my secret weapons.
If I am too tired or rushed to do the full DH regimen in the evening here is what I do instead:

1. Put about a quarter-size squirt of jojoba oil in my palm, massage into skin to dissolve makeup and grime from the day.
2. Dip both ends of a q-tip in the oil, use to remove eye makeup.

3. Remove with a warm compress.

4. Spray toner directly onto skin, wipe off with a cotton round. This will get rid of any makeup residue.

5. Spray five squirts of toner into palm, press into skin.

6. Pat any remaining oil around eyes or on the lips.


Here are a few other great uses for jojoba oil:

*Mix with shampoo or conditioner when hair is looking dry and dull or scalp is feeling tight or irritated.
* Use for facial or body massage, mix with essential oils or use alone.
* Use as a moisturizing serum underneath your regular moisturizer during winter months to protect the skin from dry, cold weather.
* Use on an infant to remove scales from cradle cap.
*Apply to eczema or psoriasis patches.
* Mix with salt or sugar to make a body scrub.
*Add to a bath for extra silky skin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you ever consider only using jojoba oil to clean your skin and skip the Dr.H cleansing cream for ever? I find the Dr. H line very expensive so I was thinking about using only the products that are really key. Which ones do you consider the most beneficial? Plus, I got a few cystic acne bumps during my 2 month trial of Dr. H products. Could it be the Wheat germ in the CC? Thanks for your advice, I really should be paying you!
-Samantha

Jen said...

Hi, Samantha!
No,I wouldn't only use jojoba oil and never use the cleansing cream again. I love the cleansing cream.
The jojoba oil can be used in place of cleansing milk but the cleansing cream is the cleanser that provides deep cleaning and lymphatic stimulation.
It may seem like a big initial investment and of course you know what you can and can't spend but maybe you were using too much? My tube lasts me at least three months. I only use 1/4" twice a day. In "Awakening Beauty the Dr. Hauschka Way" they have a recipe for a cleanser that is similar to the cleansing cream that you can make at home. Check it out!
Re: cystic acne--that is coming from the inside not the surface. So it's not likely to be caused from your products. The skin does go through a purging, the DH regimen definitely encourages the skin to do that initially. It's annoying to deal with at first but really worth it if you can hang in there.
The products that are really key are the cleansing cream and toner. The compressing has really saved my skin as well, the Everyday Matters kit was introduced as an introduction to the line's most important products.
Also, be sure to drink lots of water, take a good multivitamin and manage stress.
Keep your skin routine simple and be consistent, even when it's tempting to pull out all the products in your arsenal to zap a breakout. That usually makes things worse.
Thanks for reading my blog!!

Anonymous said...

It makes sense. I am going through a lot of stress right now, so you are right, the cystic acne is probably not from the Dr. H line but more likely from the stress.

I will look into the homemade cleanser! Thank you so much for your advice!
Samantha ;)