CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Concealer Review








































































I have finally tried the Physicians Formula Organic wear line.
After some consideration I finally decided on the pressed powder and the concealer.
I wanted to get the light color, but all they had in stock was soft yellow and soft green. Yellow-toned anything looks terrible on my pink skin so I went with green. I have always avoided colored concealers, writing them off as too gimmicky.
But the soft green looks just like a soothing cream I used to use when I was doing salon work. It contained kaolin clay which has a green tint and covered redness amazingly well. I don't know if that was necessarily what it was intended for, but it was a pleasant side effect. People tend to get really concerned when they see (even normal) post-waxing redness and it takes away from the effect of the finished brow, so I really loved that product. (whose name I can not for the life of me remember.)
When I took the concealer out of the package I noticed that the bullet extended above the top of the case. It didn't retract any further into the tube. That was slightly annoying to me and became even more so when, the first time I tried it, the top 1/2" broke off. I wrote it off as a bad batch, put the nub in a sample cup and applied it with a brush and blended with a sponge. It removed all traces of redness from my skin, which is amazing since I have so much pinkness to my skin tone. I was very impressed. The texture was incredible, smooth and easy to blend. The problem was, it turned my skin from ruddy to a gray corpse-like tone. So it has to be followed by a product with color. I used the Organic Wear Pressed Powder (that I will write a separate entry for) and in my bathroom it looked beautiful. I did not notice any offensive odor, like some reviews have mentioned.
I took my mirror outside and it was a mess. Very cakey and artificial-looking and it settled into every place I would have rather it not.
I'm not giving up hope on this concealer, though. I am going to exchange the one I bought today and hope I just got a bad one. I may skip the green and get the light if they have it back in stock or I will experiment with using my little broken nub with a tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation. I think the light concealer would be amazing when paired with a translucent powder, I'll keep you posted!

*Photos: Top, the products I used in this experiment, photo 1 me before, photo 2 and 3 me with just concealer, photo 4 and 5 me after.

0 comments: