CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hello Spring, Goodbye Winter!









































































Today is officially the first day of Spring. I have been spending weeks reorganizing my closets, putting away the things I wore during the colder months and bringing out clothes more suitable for warmer weather.
I take a similar approach to my skin care as well. The beginning of a new season is the perfect time to re-evaluate your products and the condition of your skin.
The skin does not have a set type that never changes, but rather different conditions that respond to internal (stress, diet) and external (weather, things that come into contact with the skin) factors.
Even though my calendar tells me it's Spring, my body still feels stuck in Winter, I've had a cold for the past three weeks, but thanks to a few great holistic products I'm on the road to recovery. Here are a few products I am currently using and a few that I will be adding to my regimen for Spring:

1. Grateful Body D*Congest/RX:
This product is great for relieving congestion in the chest and sinuses, both places I am currently stuffed up. I rub it on my chest at night before I go to sleep and throughout the day as needed.

Ingredients:

Organic or ethically wildcrafted herbal infusions of pleurisy root, cowslip root, astragalus, white horehound, elecampane, vervain, seneca snakeroot, cardamom, horseradish root, wild cherry bark, licorice and nettles in a base of organic or expeller pressed oils of sesame, sweet almond, extra virgin olive, golden jojoba & oregano, extracts of organic turnips, persimmon and ginger, extract of yellow mustard seed, organic or wild essential oils of green myrtle, hyssop, camphor, cypress, basil, eucalyptus, rosemary, thyme & lavender, organic sage & rosemary extract, grapefruit seed extract, vitamin E.


2. Essential Oils:
I probably would have been better sooner had I remembered to use a humidifier during the night. Every morning I have been waking up feeling so much worse, except for this morning because before I went to bed I put a blend of pine, lavender and eucalyptus into a humidifier and ran it all night while I slept. I finally got a good night's sleep and woke up feeling like I am finally kicking this lingering cold.

3. Earth Mama Angel Baby-- Angel Baby Bottom Balm:
This is a soothing salve that is great for other things besides baby tushies! I have been applying it to my chapped and raw nose and lips and they feel so much better, despite repeated nose-blowing.

Ingredients:

Olea europaea (organic olive) oil, Calendula officinalis (organic calendula) extract, Hypericum perforatum (organic St. John’s wort) extract, Stellaria media (organic chickweed) extract, Plantago major (organic plantain extract), Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, Euphorbia antisyphilitica (candelilla), Simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba) oil, proprietary blend of Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil and Commiphora myrrha (myrrh) oil, Tocopherol (vitamin E)




4. Dr. Hauschka Rhythmic Night Conditioner, Sensitive:
These are oil-free ampules that are good to use seasonally, during times of extreme stress or when transitioning into using DH from another brand. Texas doesn't have four distinct seasons per se so I use them three times a year, once for each decade I have been alive. I use the RNC Sensitive because I have issues with redness and inflammation. They should be used on a 28-day cycle so I will start using them tonight instead of toner.

Ingredients:

Water/Aqua, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria/German Chamomile) Extract, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Extract


5. Enfusia Body Care:
During the colder months I love using shower gels and body moisturizers with a rich, comforting scent, like vanilla. But when the weather turns warmer I enjoy the invigorating aroma of mint. Enfusia products are perfect for year round use and come in all my favorite fragrances.

6. Rich Hippie Bliss Perfume Oil:
This is the perfect Spring fragrance, clean fresh citrus and enough rose to be feminine and sexy.







0 comments: